Friday, September 12, 2008

Taking Care of the "Family Jewels"

Don't worry, no pictures for this one ... and I'm refering to Isaiah! My poor little man has to get re-circumcised on Monday the 15th. :( I think I'm more nervous than my patients were before open-heart surgery! Evidently, not enough skin was taken off when he was first circumcised & then he developed a bunch of adhesions. My Granny is gravely concerned that he can be proud of himself on his wedding night! It's a minor surgery as far as surgeries go, but he still has to be put to sleep which I don't like and he won't be able to eat anything after midnight & they won't be operating until after 10 a.m. For those of you with nursing babies, you can understand ... I'm afraid if I hold him or he even sees me he's going to try & rip my shirt off! However, he'll much more easily rip my heart out if he gives me that look like "Mommy, I need you, why won't you help?" That's the part I think I am most dreading right now - Just him looking at me for comfort not understanding what's going on. My heart hurts already.
Please be praying for our little boy & for the doctors to do a good job.

4 comments:

Poodle said...

I pray more for you "little girl" because I know how a mom's heart worries and hurts! Tell that doc we want Isaiah to be able to be proud!! Love you all.

Michelle and Jeremy said...

so sad. we will be praying for all 3 of you.

Priss said...

Bless his sweet heart. We will all be praying for a successful operation this time. I remember well when Todd went in the first time...it was his dad he gave that look you are worried about to. He just wanted mom to hold him and love him not to mention feed him. We will remember to lift you and Drake up too...believe me, Isaiah will be fine but it is extremely hard on mom and dad. We love you guys and promise to cover you in prayer.

amybeth said...

i will certainly be praying for yall on monday. brett has been put to sleep four times already. it is not fun- but they "bounce back" so quickly. i will be praying that the Lord will bless you and drake with peace these next few days. please update on monday and let us know how it went!