Thursday, August 28, 2008

Kicking high!

What a night! "I got Christ up in me, Christ up in me, Christ up in me maane..." This is how Reddy, our new rapper who says he is always "ready" to share Christ, kicked off our 1st weekly meeting which just finished an hour ago! It was phenomenal - to God be the Glory! Over 100 students packed the room & I most proud of all our student leaders really stepping out & meeting new people... I think every person that walked in felt welcomed & accepted and they definitely heard the gospel! And at the end of our meeting, you'd have thought we were giving out money at the back table so many students were clamoring to sign up for small groups - Praise the Lord!
The only downside to the night when I called Laura, my new friend & running partner, on the way home to hear "WHAAAA!" She was so sweet & wonderful to watch Isaiah for me but my normally mello fello had totally lost it. I guess I can't blame him too much though as I think there's only been one other time in his little life that I haven't been there to put him to sleep. Poor guy -I feel like such a bad mom.
So anyway, these first 2 weeks on campus have been Great & we're already seeing God at work ... in fact, just yesterday a guy named Jonathon prayed to receive Christ with Drake - Amen! That's all I've got for now ... I'm tired but full of joy!

1 comment:

Shireen said...

Heidi,
This is AWESOME!
I was walking in our neighborhood on Wed afternoon, and the Lord led me to pray for you, Drake, Isaiah and His ministry in and through you guys at UAB! It was an honor to pray as HE led!
Hope you got little Isaiah all calmed down and then had a good night's rest yourself! :)
I'm up for a Sunday OR Monday ride! Let me know!